A new update has been released for Steam Deck, allowing users to sign up for the SteamOS 3.2 beta. The latest beta release brings a number of improvements over version 3.1, including changes to system fan control and screen refresh rate. Users who decide to sign up for the trial version can help improve system performance and provide feedback on their experience. Patch notes for these changes from Steam’s Official Website It can be found below:
- Added an OS-controlled fan curve to improve the experience in low usage scenarios, and adjust how the fan responds to different scenarios and temperatures.
- Fixed an issue where the OS fan control would not resume automatically after waking the device from sleep mode.
- Experimental support for changing the screen refresh rate has been added within the game. The refresh rate will be automatically adjusted to the desired option when entering and exiting the game.
- There is a new slider in the Quick Access menu > Performance tab that allows you to choose a screen refresh rate between 40-60Hz
- The frame rate limit slider values will be updated accordingly, and will include 1:1, 1:2, 1:4, or unchecked frame rate options.
- From April 29-This feature is optimized to reduce black screen time when changing the refresh rate.
- Fixed an issue with typing the € key using the Steam keyboard
It will be interesting to see how fans interact with the new beta, and how these changes improve the user experience. Some users are already noticing some issues with the new beta, including system crashes, but it’s hard to say how prevalent these issues are. We hope that these changes prove to be for the better, and any issues caused by the hardware will be easily fixable.
Steam Deck appears to be a very popular piece of hardware right now, although Valve appears to be struggling to meet demand. Of course, this is an issue with most video game consoles at the moment, so those interested in getting a Steam Deck will have to wait patiently!
Have you managed to secure Steam Deck yet? What do you think of the new beta update? Tell us in the comments or share your thoughts directly on Twitter at Tweet embed To talk about all things gaming!