Finally, Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels DLC has appeared along with a proper update complete with patch notes. At the time of writing, the Hot Wheels DLC that was revealed last month is rolling out across PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Game Pass. Of course, this is the most notable aspect of the update, but it’s not all that the update does. According to developer Playground Games, there are more than 10 “major fixes for the game”. Their words, not ours.
While we have the patch notes for the update, what we don’t have are the file sizes for it across the different platforms and listed above. If this changes, we will update the story, in the meantime, expect a larger download as this update, unlike most, adds substantial new content.
- Various stability and performance improvements
- A new save recovery system has been added. If saved data loss is detected, players will be shown a pop-up offer to restore a previous backup.
- Players will not be able to recover lost saves from prior to Series 10 with this new system.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to lose credits if their auction bid fails
- Fixed an issue where some cars would become unstable when using simulated steering after changing the physics in Series 9
- Fixed a bug that could cause the Horizon tour to auto-complete in the Festival playlist
- Timer fixed in Driver Test: Horizon Wilds – Off the beaten path
- ANNA and VO are now affected by Speech Volume . setting
- Player character prosthetics will now be consistent in V10 story scenes
- Fixed a bug that could cause loud echoes in Forza Vista when unlocking car parts
New car customization features
- New Hot Wheels Half Spot Racing Photo Collage
- Hot Wheels Spectraflame Paint features 12 different colors
- Fixed an issue that could cause the winning screen counter to display 0 seconds when completing a story mission in Co-op
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to time out when joining an EventLab event in Co-op
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from taking on the Eliminator challenge when viewing the Telemetry UI
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be kicked into Freeroam during Horizon Open
- Fixed an issue where Koeniggsegg Jesko could reach unintended maximum speed
- Fixed an issue where the passenger side front window of a Volkswagen Beetle 66 was not showing tint from the cockpit cam view
- Fixed an issue where the McLaren 620R passenger side lamp was not working as intended
- Fixed an issue on the Audi TT RS 2018 where the message “Could not paint” was not displayed when trying to paint the mirrors
- Fixed wheels appear very blurry with TAA enabled
- Still image mode sometimes appears in black or white when TAA is enabled
Forza Horizon 5 The game is available across PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X. In addition to the regular purchase options, the game is available via Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.