Fortnite update 21.40 is finally here, but only after a while of extended server downtime. Update 21.40 – referred to as the Dragon Ball Update – has been given a release date of August 16, and a release time of 9am GMT UK. After three weeks of not having a major patch, this week’s update is going to be a big deal, especially if you’re a Dragon Ball fan.
First, there is the small issue of server downtime, which officially starts at 9am GMT. It’s worth noting that matchmaking will be disabled 30 minutes before the downtime, so remember to sign in before that time if you want a quick game.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, along with confirmation of a Dragon Ball event, and even a countdown timer for the Fortnite x Dragon Ball trailer.
“Yo! Let’s Go! Update v21.40 is set for release on August 16! Downtime starts at 04:00 ET (08:00 UTC), with matchmaking disabled 30 minutes ago.”
The trailer – which can be seen below – airs at 9am UK time, so check back to watch it live.
As for the new content, several leaks and inside information have given fans a good idea of what to expect.
In fact, according to Fortnite fan Chyna, upcoming Dragon Ball skins include Goku, Vegeta, and Beerus. The new skins will accompany seven weeks of free challenges, rewards, and an array of in-game items and points of interest.
Judging by a leaked trailer, fans can expect the Capsule Corner to join the map, not to mention the public cinema where Dragon Ball trailers will be shown.
Players will also be able to roam the map in Flying Nimbus and Saiyan Pod, and connect with friends using Fusion Dance emote.
Needless to say, Epic Games will be making a bunch of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks. You can see update 21.40 patch notes below…
Patch notes fortnite update 21.40…
• Friend acceptance notifications may appear frequently upon launch for some players
– Some players may find that they receive multiple ‘friend accepted’ notification popups when Fortnite first launches this season.
Battle Royale fixes
• Unable to switch the device used for voice chat
– Players may not be able to switch the device used in the voice chat.
• PS5 players cannot assign items to the Creative launch bar using the L2 + . button
– Published islands no longer have armored walls after the release of update 21.00
• The Item Wizard may stop working after the first round or between rounds
– The Prop Wizard may stop working properly after the first round or between rounds. If it is set to invisible, it may also become visible in other rounds.
• Prop Mover is missing many options
– Several options are missing from the Prop Mover device. These include distance, tile use, speed, and behavior at the finish.
Follow the Fortnite update 21.40 patch notes…
Save the world repairs
• Crows and other wildlife have lower spawn/fall rates than intended
We are investigating an issue that is causing the spawn and fall rates of crows and other wildlife to be lower than intended.
• Playing player animations
– We’re investigating an issue that causes players’ animations to appear slithering and spinning when running
Switches and mobile repairs
• PSA: decrease in performance and FPS
– Due to compatibility issues with some GPUs with older drivers, Android players may experience low performance or no longer see options for 45fps or 90fps graphics settings.