Google has updated the Google Play system update support page to highlight all the changes included in the August 2022 release. The latest update brings a new auto-fill user interface for smartphones, support materials for Android Help, new features for Play Pass and Play Points, and new discovery features for the Play Store Play, and improvements to Google Play Billing.
Additionally, the August 2022 update brings Play-as-you-download feature improvements, various performance improvements, stability improvements, and bug fixes for the Play Store, among other things.
Here are all the changes in the August 2022 Google Play system update:
- Google Play Store
- Improvements to the Play-as-you-download feature to allow players to start mobile games while downloading the app continues to reduce wait times.
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love.
- Improvements that allow for faster and more reliable downloads and installations.
- New features for Play Pass and Play Points.
- Improvements to Google Play Billing.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device secure.
- Various performance improvements, bug fixes, security, stability, and accessibility improvements.
- the support
- [Phone] This release adds groups of links to GoogleHelp to give users detailed help instructions from the apps.
- [Phone] Adds support for Dynamic Color for Material 3 in Android Help.
- System management and diagnostics
- [Phone] The new settings screens provide better visibility and control over the functionality of the Google Play Services on your device.
- [Phone] New user interface for autofill.
- [Phone] Allows users to add new eMoney cards to Google Pay to pay in transit and in stores in Japan.
- Developer Services
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support location and context-related developer services in their apps.
- system administration
- System management services updates that improve security and stability.
Most of the new features, changes, and improvements will be rolling out in the Google Play System Update August 2022 with Google Play Services version 33.22 starting today. However, the Play Store-specific improvements and features highlighted in the changelog are already available on Google Play Store v31.1, which began rolling out to users late last month.