Apple revealed iOS 16And the macOS VenturaAnd the watchOS 9 During the keynote at WWDC22. These updates for the company’s operating systems are packed with features. Your Mac now has a more streamlined user interface and improved focus modes. Meanwhile, the Apple Watch has received some new faces, drug tracking, and more. Though, arguably, the most exciting changes have taken place in Great iPhone Section, sections. This release introduces upgrades to Messages, Mail, Home, and more. Perhaps the most obvious change is the redesigned lock screen. For years, this screen has remained mostly unchanged. Apple certainly took its time with this one, but the wait is totally worth it. iPhone users now get to customize their lock screens – with different skins, colors, widgets, and more. Here is how to customize iPhone Lock Screen on iOS 16.
What you can customize on iOS 16 lock screen
Let’s start by listing the widgets that you can actually modify on the lock screen. Before iOS 16, users were limited to changing the wallpaper. The company has listed several formats. These included live wallpapers, animated wallpapers, static wallpapers, and wallpapers that change according to your dark/light mode preferences. The company has now retired most of the above categories and has rebuilt the lock screen from the ground up. So what can you actually customize on the iOS lock screen? iOS 16 supports the following customizations:
- Top widget area: Fits a single widget, such as weather, calendar, or other items offered by first and third party apps.
- Eight typeface options to choose from.
- Multiple colors with color picker support.
- Three text options.
- Bottom piece area: Fits four small or two large (or both) tools. Several first and third party apps have provided support for it as well.
- Depth Effect: When enabled, some backgrounds can appear in parts of them over time, adding a 3D effect to them.
- Focus mode: You can associate a specific lock screen setting with a specific focus mode.
- Wallpaper: You can obviously change the wallpaper, but we’ll go into more detail later.
- Album Art Size: You can choose between compressed and full screen cover art sizes for media playback.
Lock screen customization
- Start by tapping and holding on the lock screen. This will launch edit mode.
- Click adjust or adapt To change the existing menu or click the plus sign (+) Code to create a new token from scratch. We’ll explain the new creation mechanism here – it will also involve the customization process.
- At the top you will find:
- Pictures: You can choose a wallpaper from your photo library.
- shuffle pictures: switch between several images.
- expressive: Allows you to select multiple emojis and create a patterned background accordingly.
- weather: Converts local weather conditions and time of day into a realistic background in real time.
- astronomy: Includes a selection of Earth, Moon, and other shots.
- the color: Allows you to choose a normal color, optionally apply filters, and add gradients to it.
- If you scroll through the list of created wallpapers, you will also find a bunch of wallpapers included, such as iOS 16 one, Pride, Unity, Clownfish, etc.
- Choose a wallpaper to proceed with the process of creating and customizing your lock screen.
- iOS will highlight the section that you can edit, such as tools, time, etc.
- Click on any of the featured items and choose from the available options we listed in the previous section of this article.
- tap on Add Once finished.
- Choose Set as wallpaper pair If you want your home screen to have lock screen wallpaper.
- If you prefer to have a different home screen wallpaper, tap Home screen customization.
- There you can choose between the original and blurred lock screen wallpaper. Alternately, you can choose a plain color background or a gradient background.
- After creating more than one lock screen setting, you can associate individual settings with focus modes.
- To do this, tap and hold on the lock screen to go into edit mode.
- Click to focus.
- Choose one of your focus modes to associate the lock screen setting with.
- there he is! You can now create multiple lock screen settings and switch between them freely. If you don’t like one, you can always go into edit mode, then swipe up on the setting to delete it.
The customizable iPhone lock screen surely makes iOS more attractive to some Android users. Apple is slowly making the operating system more private, flexible, and feature-rich. From limiting to just changing the background to this is iOS is really maturing into a more complete operating system.
Planning to customize your iOS lock screen? If so, show us your setup in the comments section below.