The Steam mobile app has finally got rid of its old look with the biggest update it’s received since its initial launch in 2012. Valve has just announced that a revamped version of the Steam app is now available on iOS and Android devices, featuring two-factor authentication, customizable tabs, and registration Login with QR code and more.
according to Correction notes Released by Valve, players can still browse the store and confirm trades when they need to. The update brings a new framework and design to the Steam app to give it a more modern look. Besides, in order to improve account security, Valve has added two-factor authentication and QR code login to the app, and players can still use Steam Guard codes like they could before.
Perhaps most importantly, remote downloading is now available with the update, allowing players to manage their own downloads or updates from their phones. Players can also access the Store, Community and News sections wherever they are. The new mobile app also includes customizable notifications, including wish lists, sales, comments, and friend requests.
Logging in with a QR code is now available for those who want to access their Steam account without having to log in with their username and password. After their attempt is approved on the confirmation page, users can browse their library, account settings, or store from the mobile app.
Finally, the new Steam app supports the use of multiple accounts on the same device. Valve also updated the Steam Chat app with bug fixes for Android today, and iOS will soon follow. The company’s future update plans include QR login to Steam Deck, new notification types, and a list of approved devices viewable on the Steam client and browser.
If you want to check out all the major features included in the update, you can check the bullet list from the patch notes below.
- Two-factor authentication to ensure that you are the only person who has access to your account
- Login with QR Code – Scan a QR code to log into Steam instead of entering a password or…
- Login Confirmation – Confirm your normal Steam logins with a simple ‘Accept’ or ‘Deny’
- Approved devices – Manage access to devices your account is signed in to
- Easy access to store, community, news, etc. wherever you are
- Your library with access to game content, discussions, guides, support and more
- You can download games and updates remotely to your PC, and they are managed from your phone
- Customizable Steam notifications: Wishlist, sales, comments, deals, discussions, friend requests, and more
- Trade and Market Confirmations – to ensure items don’t leave your account without your consent
- Store browsing experience optimized for mobile screens
- Support to use multiple Steam accounts in the app
- Customizable tabs
next one: PS Plus Premium, October 2022 add-on update includes loads of Assassin’s Creed and Yakuza