Today, Valve made a major update to Steam for those who use the PC platform on mobile devices. For a long period of time, Valve had a dedicated mobile app for Steam, but this app has always been somewhat lacking in many features. Now, after lengthy requests from fans, Valve has pushed out a massive update that completely fixes the Steam app.
Available for download now, this new version of Steam for mobile platforms has been changed in almost every way. The app not only features a new look but also allows for greater customization. Additionally, users can now also log into their account via a QR code, which bypasses the need to enter a username and password.
While many will likely still use Steam more often via the desktop app, it’s great to see that Valve is now looking to improve the user experience on mobile as well. These upgrades only continue to investigate why many PC users have made Steam their preferred platform since the service first launched nearly two decades ago.
If you’d like full details of what’s now included in the Steam app, you can find the full list from Valve below.
- Two-factor authentication to ensure that you are the only person who has access to your account
- Login with QR Code – Scan a QR code to log into Steam instead of entering a password or…
- Login Confirmation – Confirm normal Steam logins with simple ‘Accept’ or ‘Deny’
- Approved devices – Manage access to devices your account is signed in to
- Easy access to store, community, news, etc. wherever you are
- Your library with access to game content, discussions, guides, support and more
- You can remotely download games and updates to your PC, and they are managed from your phone
- Customizable Steam notifications: Wishlist, sales, comments, deals, discussions, friend requests, and more
- Trade and Market Confirmations – to ensure items don’t leave your account without your consent
- Store browsing experience optimized for mobile screens
- Support to use multiple Steam accounts in the app
- Customizable tabs