Houston, Texas (KTRK) – We finally know who’s set to perform at one of Houston’s biggest LGBTQ+ events of the year.
Tuesday, Natural Anomaly Initiative She announced her lineup for the Black Queer AF music festival in May.
The five-day Festival of Progress celebrates the contributions of the Black LGBTQ+ community, while also addressing the disparities it faces, from jobs and employment issues to health care access challenges.
Rappers KenTheMan and Kidd Kenn are set to headline the music festival on May 6, which will also include performances by RB&B artist and reality TV star Keke White, rapper Seven Depp and DJ Cedric Drayton.
Executive Director Ian Haddock also announced that political advocate and reality TV star Greg Mathis Jr. will serve as host of the festival and keynote speaker for the Progress Forum from May 4-5.
On Tuesday, Haddock Seven joined Depp and Mathis Jr. for a live interview announcing the lineup on Eyewitness News. You can watch the full interview in the video above.
Tickets for the 2023 Black Queer + AF are now on sale. Click here for tickets.
Now through January 31st, you can get tickets at half off by using discount code “Presale” at checkout.
ABC13 is proud to be the Official Television Partner of Black Queer AF.
2023 Black Queer AF Music Festival Schedule
- May 3, 2023 – 7 p.m: Mr. Mrs. Black Queer AF competition at Mary Houston’s Hamburger
- May 4-5, 2023: Black Queer AF Summit at Doubletree Hilton (IAH), where leading thinkers, cultural curators, and influencers will discuss forward mobility for the black and queer community
- May 6, 2023: Black Queer AF Music Festival At Stampede Houston
- May 7, 2023 – 11 a.m – Black Queer AF Sunday Service at St Peter United, featuring the guest soloist and message of faith affirmation
- May 7, 2023 – 5-9 p.m: Black Queer AF IMPULSEified Beach Party at Balmoral Crystal Clear Lagoon
RELATED: Houston’s First Black LGBTQ+ Festival Expands in 2023
Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.