Want to learn how to create a GIF in PhotoShop? Whether you call it a GIF or a JIF, the animated picture format isn’t going anywhere. Even though we’ve been around since 1987 (older than me!), it’s still a favorite way for many of us to share our favorite memes and special jokes, whether you’re messaging on one of the best phones or emailing on one of the best computers.
Some things just can’t be put into words, so it’s understandable that you might want to create your own GIFs instead of using premade ones. Fortunately, it is very easy to create a GIF in Photoshop. So whether you’re looking for likes in a group chat, looking to send a personalized message to a loved one, or just want to learn how animated images work, here’s how to make a GIF in Photoshop.
How to create a GIF file in Photoshop
1. Import photos You wish to turn it into a GIF. Make sure they are all open as layers in the same canvas.
2. Select a windowAnd and then Select the schedule.
3. Select Create Frame Animation.
4. Select the list of three fonts In the right corner, then Select Create Frames From Layers.
5. Click on the dropdown menu down the schedule and Click forever – This sets the GIF file to loop indefinitely. Press the space bar to play the GIF and make sure you’re satisfied with it.
6. To export your GIF, Determination fileand then click export And Choose Save for the web.
7. Select the Preset for Gif 128 Dithered.
There you go, easier than you thought right? My favorite will always be the Dramatic Chipmunk GIF but now you can create your own, feel free and enjoy! You never know, one of your creations might end up going viral one day.
If you’re on a PhotoShop learning curve, try How to Blur a Background in PhotoShop or How to Add a Border in PhotoShop. If you’d rather edit on your iPhone instead, check out How to Edit Photos on iPhone. Perhaps none of these options suit you? Try the best alternatives to PhotoShop.