The manager of the Willowbrook Smoke Shop says the alleged attacker was shot and killed by a trespassing employee in the past

Harris County, Texas (KTRK) – New video shows tense moments outside a smoke shop in northwest Harris County where an employee says he was forced to shoot and kill an intruder.

Harris County sheriff’s deputies said it all unfolded around 5 p.m. Thursday at the Willowbrook Smoke Shop in the 5000 precinct of W.F.M. 1960.

The manager of the smoke store told ABC13 that they don’t usually have problems except for the occasional kid trying to shoplift, but sure, nothing like they saw Thursday.

ORIGINAL REPORT: Employee shoots and kills man who allegedly attacked him in NW Harris County smoke shop, HCSO says

The deputies said that a man entered the tobacco shop and began attacking an employee who was alone in the shop.

The deputies said the employee then grabbed a cane to fight back and ran outside into the parking lot of the emergency center next door.

Surveillance video shows the intruder, dressed in black, following the employee with the baton in his hand. The deputies said the suspect cornered the man, took the stick, and began hitting the employee with it.

When the employee pulled out a gun and shot the intruder several times, the deputies said.

The alleged hacker was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The deputies said the employee sustained multiple injuries during the assault, including a broken hand.

Investigators said the intruder had obtained a permit to trespass into the smoke shop in the past, but employees had not seen him in six or seven months. The manager told ABC13 the suspect gained entry this time by sneaking after another customer.

She believes the intruder was on a suicide mission. She said he knew the employee had a gun and was not at all interested in money or products from the store. In fact, she said, the employee offered the man both to leave, but it didn’t work out.

At this point, deputies said no charges are expected against the employee, but that the case will be heard by a grand jury.

Investigators said the employee was cooperating and that his version of events was consistent with witness statements and what appears on the surveillance video.

For news updates, follow Chaz Miller FacebookAnd Twitter And Instagram.

(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)

Related posts