Valorant fans can download a big new update on PC. According to the patch notes, the new update makes a variety of changes to how the game loads accessories such as gun buddies and weapon skins. Valorant developer Riot Games believes this will reduce load times, which is a most welcome side effect. Riot Games also makes a change to Sage, adding additional voice interactions with other characters.
The majority of the update focuses on competitive tweaks and changes, primarily to reduce competitive rank boosting.
Riot explains more: “In an effort to protect against this abuse, we have introduced restrictions where Ascendant players and higher can only invite players with Platinum rank and higher to their competitive party.
“We will continue to actively monitor botting abuse and ban any accounts suspicious of this behaviour.”
Finally, Riot makes back end updates for Combat Reports, not to mention a series of bug fixes.
You can see the Valorant update 7.06 patch notes below…
VALORANT 7.06 PATCH NOTES
• We’re implementing some updates to how we load your accessories, like gun buddies and weapons skins, so that it will reduce your load times.
– This will land mid-patch.
• We’ve updated Sage’s voice lines and added interaction lines with more Agents.
• There has been a wave of competitive rank boosting with bots and real players. In an effort to protect against this abuse, we have introduced restrictions where Ascendant players and higher can only invite players with Platinum rank and higher to their competitive party.
• We will continue to actively monitor botting abuse and ban any accounts suspicious of this behavior.
• For more information on our Gameplay Systems and our approach to combating disruptive behavior, check out our recent VALORANT Systems Health Series.
GAMEPLAY SYSTEMS UPDATES
• Made some back end updates for Combat Reports in order to fix instances where all the correct information wasn’t showing.
– Please let us know if there are any weird behaviors—especially after death and pre-round start.
• Fixed a rare bug where you would be revealed unintentionally in places that you shouldn’t be seen after purchasing a weapon.
• Fixed an issue where the Spike plant and defuse UI bar did not appear for minimal HUD observers.
• Fixed a bug where vision cones would flicker at the start of a round on Sunset.