The first version of Wordle for May is available over the next 24 hours, which is a pretty rough start to the month. Fortunately, if you’re struggling with Wordle 316 on May 1, Express Online is here to help. If you head down the page, you’ll find three spoiler-free tips for everyday Wordle. And don’t worry, this isn’t cheating, because the answer can’t be found anywhere. Good luck and God bless you!
Perfect for when you have five or ten minutes to spare, Wordle tasks players with figuring out a five-letter word in just six guesses.
To master the Wordle and solve those daily puzzles, you’ll need to pay close attention to the color of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter box turns gray, the letter will not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, then the letter you guessed is in the word, and not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, then the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your stats, displaying the number of correct answers you’ve managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, you will have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You will also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three guides specific to Wordle 316 on May 1…
General tips and advice about Wordle …
• Do not use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, especially “a” and “e”.
• Avoid letters such as “X”, “Z” and “Q” until later, when you have a better idea of the answer.
• “RAISE” is a good word to start with, while “TOUCH” is a decent second guess.
• Check out Express Online’s daily tips below…
Wordle 316 Tips and Guides on May 1st…
1. Wordle 316 begins with the letter F.
2. Wordle 316 has one vowel, but it appears twice.
3. You want a fourth guide, but you have to go without it.