tThroughout her extraordinary career as a television journalist, Barbara Walters stands out in her interviews, as she manages to make the guest feel confidentwho ends up opening up with her and usually revealing a very intimate part of his or her life.
Although Walters was known more for her interviews and reporting In political and entertainment figures, sports were no strangers to it. And she conducted dozens of interviews with great sports personalities.
Many athletes are among the 10 most amazing people
From 1993 to 2015, the legendary journalist published her list Barbara Walters Ten Most Fabulouswhere many stars of the world of sports appeared.
Of those Walters’ ten wonderful characters, each year she names one as the most fascinating and interesting of the year. In those 21 years, only two athletes have received the honor: Lance Armstrong (1999) and Caitlyn Jenner (2015).who that year made the gender transition from Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn.
These are the athletes Walters most notable on his famous list:
- 1993 Shaquille O’Neal (basketball player).
- 1994 Oksana Baiul and Viktor Petrenko (ice skaters), Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys owner)
- 1995 Monica Seles (tennis player)
- 1996 Oksana Baiul (figure skater), Dennis Rodman (basketball), Keri Strog (gymnast)
- 1997 Tiger Woods (golfer)
- 1998 Mark McGuire (baseball)
- 1999 Joe Torre (baseball manager), Lance Armstrong (cyclist)
- 2002 Sarah Hughes (figure skater)
- 2003 LeBron James (basketball player)
- 2004 Curt Schilling (baseball)
- 2005 Lance Armstrong (cyclist)
- 2006 Andre Agassi (tennis player)
- 2007 David Beckham (football player)
- 2008 Michael Phelps (swimmer)
- 2009 Brett Favre (football player)
- 2010 Tiger Woods (golfer) and LeBron James (basketball)
- 2011 Derek Jeter (baseball player)
- 2012 Gabrielle Douglas (gymnast)
- 2014 Michael Strahan (football player)
- 2015 Ronda Rousey (MMA fighter), Caitlyn Jenner (Olympic nude)